Sunday, September 23, 2007

Good news update!!

I received an email from my Aunt Connie a few days ago updating me on my Uncles health. Here is what she said:

Uncle C had a great day. When we arrived at 8:30 am, he had a vent collar on & was breathing on his own without the air flow from the machine. He's on his own for at least 3 hours & then hooked back up to the vent. OT & PT came in today too. He sat up like a champ and stood for the first time in two weeks. Then he circled with his hand that he wanted to walk. Of course they didn't let him.

Next step will be the swallow test to see if he can get things down the correct pipe. He's hungry- a sure sign that a Henson is getting better. They won't feed him anything until he passes the swallow test. We're getting pretty good at lip reading & have provided him with a piece of paper with the alphabet on it so he can point to the letters to spell words. He's trying so hard to talk. Wasn't aware he was in there for 2 weeks now. Though the year was 1998, then 2008. Month was July to him. A little cloudy but coming back. His eyes no longer have that bloody red look to them. Forehead with stitches is healing well. Can't believe it. Hope to have him in a rehab facility by the weekend if not early next week. The Dr. is being very conservative with his condition, little bit at a time. Can't wait to get him closer to home.

That right lung is sounding pretty clear. I've yet to see the latest xray to tell whether it's completely inflated. Once again, I thank you all for your prayers and concern. ~ Connie

Finally, good news! My mom is going out the Arizona to help out this Saturday. I know my Aunt will be happy to see here. Well, that's all for now. I just wanted to update and say thanks for the prayers!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Thanks for the update. I'll continue to pray.

Take care, Melissa

Melissa said...

Happy Thanksgiving!! Love ya.