Saturday, August 20, 2005

Road Trippin'

On Thursday Jordan and I headed out on our 2 day journey to Niagara on the Lake, Niagara Falls, and Cooperstown: The Baseball Hall of Fame. On our way there we stopped off in a small town to get gas because Jordan was so excited to see their name:

We arrived in the town of Niagara on the Lake and were pleasantly suprised. I wasn't quite sure what we would find when we got there, but what I saw was better than I imagined. There were tons of quaint little shops, beautiful flowers everywhere in large hanging baskets, and horses and carriages. I ran into my leading man in town, Bogey.


The scenery was beautiful when we wandered down by the lake. There is an old fort off in the distance and a nice park to sit and enjoy the view in.
After lunch we headed to Niagara Falls after stopping off to watch a glass blowing demonstration. Jordan had been to the falls when he was 10 or 11 and I was there when I was 14. We stood next to the falls and got quite wet by the mist. This is what greated us: Then we took a ride on the Maid of the Mist which is a boat that travels to the bottom of the Horseshoe Falls on the Canada side. I had done that once before, but Jordan had never done it.

We stayed around in the Falls and had dinner at one of our favorite places, Rainforest Cafe. We have now been to one in each of the countries in North America. Yes, we're dorks, but we like the food. We waited for it to get dark so we could see the lights on the Falls. They were awesome. At first it was just huge white spotlights, but then they began to change colors. It was pretty sweet! We stayed in a hotel that night on the American side near Buffalo in Tonawanda. What did we find across the street from our hotel? Yeah, a Chili's and we stopped for chips and queso of course.

The next morning we headed towards Cooperstown. We enjoyed the drive through the hills and taking in the scenery. I loved looking at all of the old homes along the way. When we got to the town Jordan almost caused me to crash off the road and get rear ended when he saw this sign b/c he wanted to take his picture there.


We reached the Hall of Fame and the main street that it was on. This was another cute little town. It had a lot of shops that I had to drag Jordan out of. It was so strange b/c all of the towns along the way were vacant and this one was teaming with people.

Here is Jordan with his childhood heros and one of his main reasons for going to the hall.

I don't see any Bastians in the Hall of Fame, but it was easy enough to find a Sutton!Don Sutton This one's for you Melissa.

King KellyLay off the high ones. I like the high ones. Mule! Nag!

This is for all you Sox fans!

No comments: