Monday, December 12, 2005

Pops....

In case you have been wondering what happened to me over the last few days this is what has been going on....

My grandpa, aka Pops/papa has had pneumonia for 3 wks. He was admitted to Ingalls Hospital last week. He has double pneumonia which means fluid in both lungs. He had a heart attack before he got there and another on friday. The docs say he has congestive heart failure, his liver is enlarged, and his kidney's aren't functioning properly. I went home friday night and saw him on saturday. My Aunt Connie and Uncle Charlie from AZ came in and Aunt Lenda from CA. I saw him on Saturday and he was very weak. By Saturday night he was a little more upbeat and was even cracking jokes. By Sunday he was his same stubborn self when he gave me a hard time while I was trying to make him drink his barium drink before he went down for his ct scan. He was happy to see everyone. He was supposed to be taken out of ICU tonight, but his blood pressure dropped again so he will remain there. All we can do now is pray so if you could I would appreciate it.

To add to my stress Barkley and I had quite a scare today. After taking him out after work tonight our neighbor was also letting his dog out, a huge pit bull type dog. He wasn't on a leash and before I realized that he was racing down the hallway towards us. I was able to shove barkley through the fire door before he got to him. His owner raced after him and said he wouldn't hurt him. I was pretty scared anyway. He turned out to be a nice dog, but he looked a little scary. It was quite an adrenaline rush.

Well, Jordan and I are going Christmas shopping to get my mind off of things. Also, we are having a cleaning party here at the apartment. Yes, I'm a mean wife and I am making Jordan help me clean. Afterwards, we are going to put up our Christmas tree. AWESOME!! Our first tree! Anyhoo, Jordan is home now gotta run. Keep Hershel Henson, my Grandpa, in your thoughts and prayers.

No comments: