Thursday, July 20, 2006

Feast or Famine

So starting monday I began the interview process. I was supposed to interview with a company similar to Kohls called Winners. It didn't work out b/c they don't hire people with work permits. Grr...pretty annoyed b/c I traveled pretty far to get to this interview by cab so that I wouldn't look like a hot mess when I got there and the lady new I was American. I had to take the subway home which meant waiting for a bus for 1/2 an hour, ride one train for 30 min switch trains and then walk home. The store would be closer than the interview place, but it was still a bust.

I had a better interview on tuesday with St. Louis Bar and Grill which is the new restaurant opening up in our building. I had a call back today and I feel it went well. Hopefully, I will get a call by monday night with good news.

I also got a call today to interview with the Rogers Centre next week on Thursday. Wish me luck. I really want the St. Louis job and I hope it will work out.

Jordan is getting hit with a lot of stuff work wise. He had a long day yesterday. This is a big series against the Yankees. JB will be super busy for the next month. He is not going to the next road trip starting monday-wednesday luckily, but then he will be gone again on wednesday. My mom and Liz will be here for a visit on thursday. YEAH! Pretty excited about that.

Well, that's all for now. I'll keep you posted on the job front. Later gators!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl, sorry I haven't called you in a while. I have been super busy with church. Vacation bible school starts on Monday and I am in charge so I have been doing a ton of prep work. I hope that job works out or at least something will. Tell Joan hi for me. Miss you a ton. PS went to the Tigers game today, too bad they lost, got a sunburn, sat behind the foul pole, but on the upside we saw Matt and Kristy. They say HI!
Love ya
Jody