Sunday, February 18, 2007

Toronto...The Frozen Tundra

On Wednesday the snow began and off and on for the next few days it has continued. This has been the coldest week we've been through so far....and by we I mean Barkley and I. Jordan left for Florida on Wednesday..sniff, sniff. I'm very sad to see him go and Barkley is to. Barkley has been very naughty since his dad left. I feel like I have a bad three year old that I can't control. He hates the snow/cold and only walks around for a few minutes out there and then he lifts his front paw in the air which is my signal to pick him up. This week it has gotten worse. He now puts both front paws in the air and walks around a bit on his two hind legs, like a person. He looks like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynSF4WwHZP4

I have tried wiping the snow off of his paws while he's out there to help warm him up so he'll stay out there, but that has not helped and a few days ago he bit my gloved hand. He didn't hurt me but that was his way of telling me he had had enough. He won't stay outside long enough to do his business. He prefers embarassing me and pooping in the lobby in front of the doorman and in the elevator! I'm getting very frustrated and I miss Jordan's help. He seems to be getting better, thankfully. I don't know why he is such a wimp now. He used to stay outside for a long time, but now he's a pamperd pooch, a city dog.

On Tuesday before Jordan left we celebrated Valentines day. I got beautiful roses and a nice card from Barkley! We went to one of my favorite restaurants in Toronto called Cayo Coco. It is a Spanish tapas restaurant. (Tapas are individual appetizers that you order a bunch and share ie. spanish omlet, garlic chicken, spicy potatos, etc) It is in an old row house and it was empty b/c it was the day before Valentines day. We had the entire restaurant to ourselves...very romantic. I brought a chocolate cream pie home for dessert from work. It was awesome.

Jordan left Wednesday for Florida. I will be joining him on March 16th and my whole family is coming too; Ma, Dad, Kev, Kyle, Stephanie. It'll be awesome. We are going to Disney World on Saint Patricks day. My dad has never been so it'll be fun. I just hope it warms up by then. Jordan was complaining that he had to were pants instead of shorts and a sweatshirt. Boo hoo right?

I went to my couples small group on Friday night solo. It was lots of fun. I'm doing something with some of them tomorrow night, but I'm not sure what b/c they haven't told me yet. Yes, I will be 24 tomorrow! I have to work 8-4, but such is life.

Well, I think I better hit the gym. I've been keeping it up still. 5-6 days a week. I'm pretty sore so I took yesterday off. Gotta get ready for Florida! Have a good week everyone!

P.S. I got my work permit and it permits me to work in a dental office now! Woo Hoo! I will be looking for new employment after Florida! Can't wait.

No comments: