Thursday, August 31, 2006

Hootie!!!

Yes I said Hootie, Hootie and the Blowfish that is, and no this isn't 1997! Tonight I had the pleasure of working a Hootie and the Blowfish concert at the Rogers Centre. It was the easiest couple of hours of work ever. I stood at the top of the stairs watching the concert and directing people here and there.

What's funny is I didn't even know Hootie and the Blowfish were still a band. They said they've been a band for 20 years which is crazy. The concert was full of drunk older white people who couldn't dance. It was really funny actually.

As for Hootie...It was really bizzare. They played one of their old songs and then said we don't play alot of our old stuff. "We DO have a new album...check it out, " they said. Ha! Ha! They would play one of their famous songs and then go into someone elses song in the middle like a school house rock song, and then go back to their song. Bizzare! They also played Loosing my religion by REM, Surrender by Cheap Trick, and Get down on it by Kool and the Gang. Weird!

It wasn't a bad concert to work, not too many rowdies and I was home early. Well, that's all for now. I'm waiting for my couz to get here later tonight. I'm pumped about it! ok later gators!

No comments: