Sunday, September 10, 2006

Running Strong!!!

Yes tonight was a very good night at the gym for me. Normally, I run 6 laps and then walk 6 laps three times until I reach 3 miles. I've never been a runner. Just ask my softball coaches! I would be the designated hitter, but sometimes they'd throw in a pinch runner b/c I am so slow. Takes a lot to get me moving, but it's the one thing that gets me to lose weight.

Anyhoo, tonight was different. I don't know what got into me, but I liked it. I ran 2 miles str8 without stopping, followed by six laps of walking, running another mile and then walking the final 6 laps for a total of 4 miles! To most of you this is a bunch of jibber-jabber, but it felt really good to do it tonight. I'm pumped. I'm starting to see some of the weight I've gained due to unemployment and self pity coming off. My mind set is changed and I'm a much happier person to be around. Things are moving into the right direction which is a good thing b/c the off season is quickly approaching and my hubby will be home for awhile yeah!

I've also taken on my sister-in-laws challenge of losing 20 lbs by Thanksgiving! Cheer me on! I need all the motivation I can get. I'm doing pretty well right now, but I can always use encouragement.

Also, I've started working on my scrapbooking project again and I am really excited about it. It's looking great. Well, that's all for now. I hope that this might motivate some of you people who have expressed the same need to get back into the gym. I'm really feeling a difference in my mood and general well-being. Living life high off of endorphins. This week can only get better as my husband gets home on Thursday! ok enough babbling maybe I should try and get some shut eye!

No comments: