Monday, October 16, 2006

Swimming Laps

Today I came home from work to find a note on the counter to meet Jordan at the Rec Center and bring my suit and towel. We went swimming today in place of our running, well I didn't run, but Jordan did. I did 30 laps in the pool and boy am I tired. It reminded me of being in swim class at Thornwood, which was one of only two classes Jordan and I had together in high school. My legs are really tired, but it was a nice change from running. I am still doing very well. I have lost 17 lb in the last 8 weeks. My initial goal of 20 lbs by thanksgiving has nearly been achieved. I am 3 lbs away from that goal and hopefully I will surpass it in the next 5 weeks. Wish me luck.

I am still working alot which is probably helping my weight loss. I have 43.5 hours this week. yuck! I dont' have a day off again until sunday. I had yesterday off and Jordan and I went to the beaches, a neighborhood which got its name because of it's proximity to the lake. There are a bunch of great little stores down there that we love. We found a few birthday/christmas presents...yes I know it's early for christmas presents, but we're trying to think ahead this year.

Well, that's all for now. Tomorrow is my Mom's birthday. Happy Birthday Mom! She is getting home tonight from her trip with my dad to Arizona to see my Aunt/Uncle/Cousins near Phoenix. They went to the Grand Canyon on Saturday. My dad had never been there before. They walked up to the ledge and it was filled with fog. What a bummer. A little while later it cleared up so they could see the view. anyhoo...catch ya later gators.

No comments: