Tuesday, June 20, 2006

2 days....

So after spending some time packing, and reading an excited email from the bride to be I am getting super pumped about heading home for the wedding. It could also be b/c I'm sitting here at home without my own hubby, but I'm ready to go and be with family. Sorry Barkey, but you're going off to doggy daycare on Thursday!

After reading people's fathers day posts and working on my moms family, the Hensons, photo project, and scrapbooking, I have been kind of reflective.

I remember when I was a child and couldn't wait for summer to come b/c that meant I would be spending endless days swimming, playing outside at the park, and playing summer softball with my girl sarah e! Now that summer is here I feel like it's passing by so quickly...it's almost july! It's funny how as you get older the days/years seem to pass faster and faster. As a child you have no concept of how time is moving.

It still amazes me that even after a year of marriage that I am married. I still feel like that little girl in little white keds running up the hill on Chicago road with my backpack, waiting for Mrs. Eastman to help me cross that busy street so that I could come over and play with Sarah. . . and now she's getting married too!

This is the same girl I used to taunt every year on February 20th b/c I was older than her. I was born Feb. 19 and she was on the 21st so that one day of the year I could brag about being older than her. It doesn't take much to amuse a child.

This is the girl who was the first person to burst my bubble about the true identity of Old Saint Nick and the Toothfairy! "My mom told me...." She said. Thanks Sarah!

This is the girl who was with me through wins and losses. We would spend extra time together after practice during her "All Star" pitching days. She had to throw a certain amount of pitches to me at softball practice before we could go home. She still thinks I would cheat at counting so that we could go home early, but I rarely did! tehe!

I met her in Kindergarten at a daisy meeting (girl scouts) when we were 5 years old and it's rare to have a friend for as long as we've been friends (18 years). We've been through a lot together and I'm happy that I get to be a part of her big day. I know she'll make a beautiful bride. Congratulations Sarah E!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"It still amazes me that even after a year of marriage that I am married." Probably because you still can't believe you caved and married me! I hope you have a blast at the wedding. Sorry I couldn't go, too. Love you, and Barkley and I will see you when you get back to Toronto.

Anonymous said...

Sarah will come back from her honeymoon to find your post and prolly cry. Why do you always do this to us Kelly? Jeepers! Give my best to Sarah!
Jody

Melissa said...

That post almost made me cry, so I know Sarah E. will definetly cry when she reads it. :-)

Melissa