Monday, July 18, 2005

Higher Ground

Today after dropping Jordan at the subway station , (It was raining) I went to church. I like a dummy wore sandals and pretty much soaked my feet. I sat near the back with my shoes off during the whole service trying to dry off. This church has carpeting that feels like felt, it's weird. The pastor was talking about the story of Zacchaeus. It was really funny b\c Jordan referred to that last week when we went to the Yonge Street Festival. He was trying to see over a crowd of people and he couldn't b/c he's so short like Zacchaeus. It's funny sometimes that you can go so long without talking about something or hearing about something and then it randomly comes up more than once in a short period of time. Must mean something right?

I ran home after church to change my shoes b/c I was freezing. I can't complain b/c it was better than being in my hot apartment. I came back for what is called Higher Ground. They have a small coffee bar in the church and people get muffins and coffee and chat with one another. People meet in the gym and they have someone speak about a designated topic and then there is a discussion. Today, they ran it a little different and they played a video. Afterwards the two woman at my table and I began talking. They were really nice and we decided to get together on Tuesday.

Tonight after Jordan got home from the ballpark we watched a movie. What else would we watch, but a baseball movie of course. We watched the movie, The Rookie with Dennis Quaid. It was cute. Jordan was on the edge of his seat like a little kid. He loved it.

Jordan has the day off tomorrow. I' m not quite sure what we're up to yet, but if it's hot then we'll be headed to the beach or the pool. It rained today which made it a little cooler, 88. What a relief, J/K!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Hey Kelly,

I'm so glad that you went to Higher Ground. The set up sounds cool and I'm glad you hit it off with a couple girls. That's the cool thing about loving the Lord. No matter where you go you can always find people who love the Lord too.

Take care,
Melissa