Friday, July 08, 2005

Toronto Street Festival


Tomorrow Jordan and I will be going to the Toronto Street Festival. The city closes down a large section of the street we live on, Yonge, and has a curb to curb celebration. It's free to get in and there are many events going on at each intersection and all along the way. Jordan and I are excited to see Les Girafes Urban Operetta. It looks really neat. There are these huge puppet- like giraffes that are controlled by guys on the ground. The giraffes are 8 meters high they say. (Whatever that means I dont' know meters! Stupid Canadians! J/k!) They giraffes put on a show and interact with the crowd. It should be fun.

I'm also looking forward to the Corso Italia Toronto Fiesta and the Taste of Lawrence. Good thing Jordan and I are getting in our run today and walking to the festival b/c these events are supposed to be like the taste of Chicago where you can try portions of all kinds of food.

I'm pretty sure both my bros and possible Stephanie will be bringing me back on the 4th or 5th. I don't know how we're all gonna fit, but I'm sure we'll have a great time. I plan on hitting the beach at home if they are not closed due to bacteria. Anyone know how the beaches are doing in Chicago?

Jordan was on sports centre, yeah I said sports centre that's how they spell it in Canada! My bro the Inglish Teecher has been crateacking my bloog and is mad that I dont' no how to spel theengs or use corect gramer. How am I doing kev? oh, anyway jordan wasn't really on sports center. Only his hand and his digital recorder were on tv while he was interviewing a player. We were still excited.

Well, I'll let you know how the festival goes tomorrow. Jordan and I are headed for a run. We might go see a flic later, but I'm not sure. Also, I wanted to say hi to Kevin and my cousin Kristy who are hard at work at Holland Asphalt Services and are avid readers of my blog. Hi guys! See ya soon!

No comments: