Friday, July 01, 2005

Happy Canada Day!

Yes, July 1st is called Canada Day. I think it's very arrogant to name a day after your country, but that's just me. This is Canada's birthday. So instead of seeing fireworks on the 4th of July for the Independence day of the United States of America we will see them on the 1st. There is a place about 2 miles south of where we live on Yonge where we will be seeing fireworks. We are going to walk there because a) it will be really good exercise, and b) are car is acting up.

We found a place that our landlord said is reliable when it comes to fixing cars and we plan on taking it there in a few days. There is something wrong with the radiator and it overheats very quickly. It's kind of annoying, but it is forcing us to walk and get some exercise more often. It does kind of annoy me when we have to walk from the grocery store with arms full of bags. By the time we get home are hands are so cramped up that we can't even move them.

Last night Jordan and I stayed up all night playing a game I bought while we were back in the states. We are both big movie buffs and so it's perfect for us b/c it's called Scene It. It has a dvd full of movie trivia, cards with questions, and buzz cards with consequences. It's fun because you have to be the first to shout out the answer on some of the questions and it can get pretty intense b/c we are so competitive. There is this one part where there's a fill in the blank and you have to shout out the answer as the letters appear very slowly on the screen. It was really great when the puzzle started appearing and Jordan screamed out The Pound of Munic for the answer to The Sound of Music. Yeah I gave him a hard time for that one.

The weather is still kind of warm which is kind of aggravating. I do miss having the pool at my parents house. Although I'm sure that if I were in Illinois I would be hiding in the air conditioning watching tv or something, but it's a nice thought now that I can't do it.

Earlier in the week I got a phone call from my dad. He began by telling me this story about how my mom came home and saw our neighbors were lighting off fireworks. This is never good I thought. She looked just in time to see a flaming fire ball land on the hood of my car that was parked on the side of the house. She went inside to get my dad. He came out to see a big burn mark on the hood of my car. My parents are so sick of dealing with our terrible neighbors and have decided that they aren't gonna be nice anymore and just called the cops. She of course denied it. The cops know better b/c she is notorious for causing trouble in Thornton. So my parents are going to get 2 estimates and she is gonna have to fix it.

Well, I better get going. I'm going to read my book on the balcony where it's nice and cool. I'm reading Anna Karenina by Tolstoy. It was on Oprah's book club list last summer and I'm finally getting around to reading it even though I've had it since last summer. It's like 815 pages long so I'll have plenty to do this summer. Well, that's all for now...catch ya later!
~Kelly

1 comment:

Melissa said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! The Pound of Munic!! HEEHEEHEE!! HAHA Jordan, that's a good one. Thanks for the laugh.

I have a question for you Jordan, Are the Hills alive with the Pound Of Munic? HAHAHAHAHA!!