Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Lake Ontario

Toronto is having a heat wave. It was around 95 degrees today and it was ridiculous. We decided to go to the beach instead of cooking in our apartment. It was great. We went to a place called The Beaches. There is a boardwalk along Lake Ontario which runs about 2 miles. Jordan and I walked it and enjoyed the view. Eventually it became too hot so we decided to hit the beach and run in the water. We hit the water and froze, literally. The lake was ice cold. It was no Cancun. We had to inch into the water slowly, but it was still refreshing.

After awhile we decided we needed to have lunch. We walked to Queens street where we had lunch at Licks which is a hamburger joint. We walked down Queen looking at various shops. It was so nice to get out of the apartment. It is so hot that we may head back there tomorrow to cool off.

We used the boardwalk as our exercise for the day and believe me it was enough. I was so tired that I fell asleep on the beach. It was crazy how many people brought their dogs there. When we first arrived a man and a woman both got out of their vehicles and each had 4 or 5 dogs. The end of the boardwalk must be dog beach b/c they were everywhere. It made me miss my sam-o. I may try to kidnap him when I come back to Toronto. Although, he wouldn't want to be here b/c he's quite the pampered pooch who sits in the air-conditioning every day. Must be nice, Sam!

Jordan climbed out on these rocks to give me a heart attack. He's not very coordinated and he has a bad ankle which is a lethal combination. Luckily he made it out ok. I can't say as much for when we left the hamburger joint. He almost fell down the stairs and his shoe went tumbling down. Then he yelled at me like it was my fault!?! I was in front of him, but somehow it's still my fault.


Tonight we are watching the All-Star Game at home. Go, National League!!!!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Hey Crazy Runner Chick,

I cannot believe how much you guys are running. You rock!! You'll be able to get past your mental blocks. Come up with some mantra you can say to your self and keep saying it when you want to talk crap to yourself. Anyway, you are doing awesome. Keep up the good work. You managed to make me laugh out loud in the library. I laughed at the part about Jordan almost falling and his shoe flying and somehow you getting blamed. Be careful little bro!! Be nice!! I got your back Kelly. TeeHeeHee.
Anywho, great to read about your adventures. Love and miss you both, but mainly you Kelly. :-)
Melissa